The Journey Program is a FREE 10 week group exercise program located in Traverse City, MI and Frankfort, MI. The Journey Program is for newly diagnosed cancer patients, those undergoing treatment, in remission, and up to two years post treatment. Registration and a doctor’s clearance are required. Please contact us with any questions. Our trainers are friendly and will be there to help you every step of the way.
The Journey Program was founded in 2009. It was established for cancer patients who have become chronically fatigued or de-conditioned from various treatments or disease symptoms.
Upon acceptance into The Journey Program, participants meet twice each week for an hour. Each class consists of a dynamic warm up, strength training, and cardiovascular training.
During these class sessions participants are taught beginner progressive strength training exercises including free weights, machines and cables. Cardiovascular exercise is also taught with introduction to various machines including the treadmill, elliptical, and stationary bike. Training for core, balance, flexibility, and postural retraining are also included in the program.
We understand that each participant is at a different point in their journey through their battle with cancer. We want to meet each person where they are at and help them along the way. Our goals for the program participants are:
- Improved overall strength and increased muscle mass
- Increased cardiovascular endurance (energy!)
- Improved balance and posture
- Learning proper exercise form and basic structuring of an exercise program
- Regaining body confidence and self esteem
- Becoming independent with an exercise routine
- Understanding the importance of proper diet and exercise
- Committing to a healthier lifestyle